Authentication is a component of Catalyst Cloud Scale that enables you to add end-users to your application, customize app login and sign-up forms that complement the branding of your business, manage user accounts and roles, and ensure secure access throughout your application directly from the console.
You can perform the following actions using Authentication from the remote console:
- Add or remove the end-users of your application
- Enable or disable their user accounts in your application
- Create templates for emails to invite new users to access the application
- Reset their passwords
- Access Catalyst’s user sign-in code snippet that you can include in your application
- Configure Google and Zoho sign-in providers for your application
- Create and manage roles to define the levels of access and permissions for users
Catalyst provides two types of user authentication for your application:
- Native Catalyst Authentication
- Third-party Authentication Type
With Authentication, the backend infrastructure management is entirely handled by Catalyst, allowing you to integrate it in your application with ease and with minimal coding effort.
All the operations that you can perform from the authentication console are listed below:
- Configure and implement an authentication type of your preference
- Design the login element of your application
- Enable user login through common social login platforms
- Add or remove end-users of your application
- Configure and change the end-users’ user roles to define their levels of access and permissions to various Catalyst features
- Configure more than one type of authentication
- Authorize external domains and enable CORS and iFrame for your application in them
- Design the email templates that need to be sent to your end-users in the event of an initial sign up or if their passwords need to be reset
The document is divided into five pages to cover the five features of Catalyst Authentication: Users, Email Templates, Sign-in Method, Roles, Authorized Domains. Each section explains the key concepts, benefits, and implementation of each feature.
To learn about using Authentication in the development and production environments, visit the Environments help page.
SDK and API documentation
You can also add and manage the end-users of your application, and obtain user details using Catalyst APIand SDKs. For more information and code samples on working in these programming environments, refer to these help pages:
- Authentication - Java SDK
- Authentication - Node.js SDK
- Authentication - Python SDK
- Authentication - Web SDK
- Authentication API
Last Updated 2023-08-28 01:45:35 +0530 +0530
Send your feedback to us